Hey! Tomorrow we have a furlough day! With all this government shutdown talk, I’d like to crassly remind people exactly what I love about a good furlough day (yes, I realize some people cannot afford furlough days, but I can, so why not enjoy it?).
I’ve been fantasizing about my day off since Monday. I sit at my desk, staring out the window and across the football field into a hazy distance, and daydream about all the amazing things my extra day off will entail.
20 Things I Will Do On My Furlough Day
1. Wake up at 7, but not leave my bed till 8.
2. Catch up on my Kathy Lee and Hoda.
3. Brush the cats.
4. Do my laundry.
5. Wash my car.
6. Cook something in the crockpot.
7. Go for a long, leisurely run.
8. Spend at least an hour reading trashy news online.
9. Watch QVC while reading said trashy news online.
10. Clean the bathrooms.
11. Find someone to go to Happy Hour with me.
12. Pay some bills.
13. Go to Ikea.
14. Catch up on The Young & the Restless.
15. Do more laundry.
16. Check off at least one blog goal (throw a ball, I’m talking to you).