This weekend I was talking with a friend about my progress (or lack thereof) for my list, and yet I don’t feel guilty in the slightest. In 2012, my list was soley based on getting over my mind-numbing frustration of blowing out my knee and not getting to participate in the things that make my life fun…so I made a list to FORCE myself into new experiences regardless of a physical handicap.
Even though I really do still have chronic knee pain and can’t do ALL the things I used to do, I’ve made some serious progress and I don’t feel like my daily life is hindered at all now that my knee surgery is a good year behind me.
My list is still very relevant. I think about it daily. I have several upcoming plans to cross some items off my list. But in the meantime, here are some rad things I have done in the last month that prove I am living the dream.
TEN THINGS I DID IN THE LAST 30 DAYS THAT AREN’T ON MY LIST
1. Rode business class on the train to Seattle to go to the Emerald City Comic Con. Ballin’.
3. Had the absolute BEST private karaoke experience at Voicebox with my friends Courtney, Kristin, Steve, and Tiffany.
5. Ran a minimum of 3 miles every day of my vacation in Hawaii.
6. Hiked the trail down to the Captain Cook Monument, which is only accessible by hiking or boating.
7. Saw whales and turtles on our last day at the beach, also on the Mauna Kea.
8. Ran more laps than any of my students at a Run for the Arts fundraiser…proving I still got it.
9. Started a new weekly boot camp class, hosted by my trainer Rachel.
10. Stayed at the Oxford Hotel in Bend with my friend, Kerrie, where we exploited the fancy mattresses, pillows, and room service.